Wednesday, February 17, 2016

God prepares the way!

Well last week was a great week.  It has started making heat again! It’s hot!! We have been working hard and it has been nice!  Last week we were super busy with lots of things to do because not only did we have the normal stuff to do but we also had to do the stuff for my new companion because; well, he is new. Anyway, I will tell you a little more about him. He is a cool dude. He was studying at BYU before the mission for a semester and he will be swimming for the BYU team after. He came to Chile talking super good Spanish but sometimes it’s a little rough for him to understand how the Chileans speak because.... well it’s their own language. He is really ready to work and knows the stuff. We have been able to learn how to teach together and I am super excited because I’m sure he will be killing me, and having him will help me finish strong. 

We had some super good news this week because we have an investigator that wasn’t married and we had planned to help them to prepare to marry. We were going to teach that the following time. But this time we taught about the sacrament. After the lesson, he told us that they were going to get married. This amazed me and really what I felt like crying because I was so happy... but I didn’t. It helped me to know that God prepares the way for the people when we do our part.

I know that God lives and loves us and I know that He wants us to help our brothers and sisters to come to the knowledge of this gospel... and I know that it’s the work of all of us members, not just the missionaries. I know that Joseph Smith restored the gospel and that Jesus lives. I know that this is happiness and it’s the only way to return to God. 

I love you all. 

Con mucho Amor,

 Elder Smith


No comments:

Post a Comment