Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Sleeping bags and suffering!

Well this last week was good. We were able to start working more with the members and we even received some references. Well man as the mission starts to end I think that it really is a battle and I think that is why so many missionaries, at least in our mission kind of end lowly. I have been able to experience a good amount of challenges and well to be honest I think that really is just part of life. I remember one time when my dad and some of us, went to Moab and I remember asking my dad what sleeping bag he wanted to take before we headed out. Well it was a bit of a mix up and I took a summer bag for him and a nicer bag for me. When we got there in the night I remember him telling me that he said it was okay if “I” brought the summer bag and well I think it was a bit mixed up because he was on the phone. But when he told me that he was willing to take the summer bag and I could have the other bag. I told him and I quote, "there is a lot of suffering in life and I might as well suffer now." Well, something like that. I think this has stuck with me a lot because we all suffer and some more than others but the most important thing is that we never take our eyes off of Jesus Christ. Even though life is hard and we feel like we can’t do something, we have to keep trying and pushing because our potential is much more than we know. 

Now in our sector we are working hard and man it’s rough sometimes but I can feel the help from God and Jesus Christ in those  moments. I testify of the love God has for us and all that he offers us if we just turn to Him and follow His son Jesus Christ. If we fall of the slack line, what do we do, we get back up and keep going until we get to the other side. I know that this is the true church and the road that we need to take. I love this gospel and am so thankful for Gods plan and for the atonement of our savior Jesus Christ. HE knows what we need and will always help us, so when life gets rough keep going because it’s only for a time and we will also grow closer to God and Jesus Christ through our suffering. 

I love you all!!

Con mucho Amor!


Elder Smith



Hike up Cerro Manquehue




The Andes in the background!  So Amazing!


No comments:

Post a Comment