Monday, November 17, 2014

This week was 'goodish' (Chaseism)

So this week was goodish.... it was a bit weird because it got messed up due to the meeting we had on Monday so with that it was a little odd.  We worked better, but as the week went on it seemed like everything was dying down a little bit... we did a practice interview with Jorge and he was supposed to get baptized on Sunday but he drank coffee the morning that we did the practice interview and so that delayed it. He will be getting baptized on Saturday this week now and that's awesome.
We had a lot of interesting things happen this week. I learned how laziness is actually something from Satan and how if we as missionaries are lazy it is because we are giving in to the temptations of Satan. I also learned that we need to realize our potential and never let it drop lower then it really is. 

Yesterday, we had stake conference and the temple president talked. Something small that I loved from what he said was that, if a convert or a member of the church is inactive it is because they stopped receiving personal revelation. He said we can receive that by going to the temple. He talked about how the temple helps with everything and if you have a problem go to the temple and you can figure it out.

Something cool I saw from this week was that I was thinking about not being lazy and our lessons fell through so we started knocking doors. I kept knocking and no one was excepting or answering... we could see them inside but they didn't answer... I was thinking in my head well I'm not being lazy and I'm not going to... so I thought God will bless me in time.. like two houses later this guy came to the door and said come on in and gave us this homemade juice and then said how he and his son love to learn about the gospel and how his son isn't baptized for any church but wants to be... so we are going to be working with them more and it will be amazing!

I love the mission and even though its hard and I'm not with a companion that is like me I know that I will be blessed if I always do the right. I know that all blessings come from loving God with all our hearts, mind, thoughts and with this we can become more like him. I love Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ with all my heart, might, mind, and strength and I am so thankful that Jesus gave his life for us so we can live again with our Heavenly Father and our loved ones. I know that the only way to the Kingdom of God is through this path following Christ and dedicating our lives to be more like him. I love the gospel and am so thankful for this opportunity to serve.

I love you all and pray that we all will follow this plan and endure to the end. 

Elder smith


No comments:

Post a Comment