Monday, December 22, 2014

Wenna

So this week was an interesting one!!  I was seriously praying a lot because man did I feel like I could not be senior companion. Well, we started the week good. I wasn't sure how it was going to go..but it went well!

I want to talk about three people real quick so you can imagine and think about what you would do with these three people.
 
First her name is Marcia!! We found her in the end of August and we were not able to teach her for about 2 months because we couldn't contact her. She has gone through a lot in her life and she was just at the point of living... she didn't know why there was always another day. She really had all the questions that we had the answers. She is amazing and we have seen so much change in her. She isn't married with her partner and they have 2 kids. She knows the Church is true and she wants to follow Christ.

Second is Marcelo. Man is he something else. He was a history professor and now he owns some companies and is part works in politics. He knows the church is true because he has researched it... he is always finding new things about how the church is true. He has all these different things to say about Peru and the things there that basically say the church is true. He is very smart and sometimes it's hard to teach him... I think you know why. 

Third is Mauricio.. This man didn't believe in God. My companion knocked on his neighbors door and he came out and said that they weren't there. Then they started talking.. I was on the phone at the time and I saw what was happening so I got off and went over.. I felt like I should ask if we could come in to his house and visit with him and share something small. We went in and at the end asked if he could say the last prayer... well he said NO because he doesn't believe someone is there.. so I promised that he will feel something different and he will get and answer whether it was a dream or a feeling. The next time we came by  he was sharing how somethings had happened and how he had a dream about him being at some amazing building and then he saw a video about Mormons and he said that a Temple is where he was at in his dream.. he still won't pray but it is amazing to see the change in him!

I  really thought a lot this week about how grateful I am for the gospel in my life.. really I don't know how I would live without it.. or how I did live with out it. I see people that think they have it all and they say they are happy and that's all they want... I hate seeing people that just are too stubborn to listen to a couple of young guys with white shirts and ties!! 

I love the gospel.. I love Jesus Christ. My love and knowledge of him and the gospel are growing and with that I feel my self growing closer to him. When I learn more about the atonement I feel so grateful for him and all he has done for us. I feel like what all the church leaders say is true.. we tend to forget that what he did for us is the MOST important thing!! I am thankful for all of you in my life!! Thank you so much for the examples and the love!! 

Love you all and wish you a FELIZ NAVIDAD!! 

Elder Smith
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment