Monday, December 1, 2014

Hello from 6000 miles away...

So this week was good. It went good and really fast. I have come to realize that the closer we get to transfers, the faster the time goes. Man the mission is weird its already December. I never thought this day would come when I was in the MTC. Well now I know that these days actually do go by fast. I think it time also goes faster, the harder we work.

So this week was good we found new people and we also had some lame things happen. So our recent convert Jorge was supposed to get the priesthood yesterday and then we were going to go do baptisms with him this Saturday but he called us in the morning on Sunday and said, hey I'm not coming to church... so that was a bummer. 
On Sunday night something cool happened. We got a referral on our email last week and we set an appointment up with this couple on Saturday but... we were crunched with other people so we never made it... then Sunday night my companion asks, so we are going to Mabel's house and I said no because I had this feeling we needed to go to the referral's house. We went, and man are they ready for the gospel. I am so excited to see how the spirit testifies of  the truth to them. 
I want to end with some things I am grateful for because it was Thanksgiving this last week and I think it would be good. I am so grateful for God and his Son, Jesus Christ, because without them I wouldn't be here and without their help I wouldn't be able to get through this life. I am so grateful for this opportunity to be here in Chile and to learn and grow and help others do the same as they come unto God and Christ. I am so thankful for the love and support from my family members and friends, I know I wouldn't be able to do it without them. In the end I am so grateful for my testimony and knowledge that I have of the truthfulness of this gospel. I know I would be no where without it right now. I love you all so very much and even though I say this every week and it might get old, I really do mean it. 
Remember to be happy and do the things that you know are right!

Choa con amor, 
Elder Smith


No comments:

Post a Comment