Monday, January 5, 2015

Be Happy!

This week was strange. I had a goal to be my happy self so I could be happier in the mission. It was super hard to actually complete this goal, and man I am still working on it. At the end of the week on Friday I had an interchange with the district leader and man it was a good change. When we were finished, he left me with a note and basically said dude be happy and have excitement, then left me with D&C 24:8 go read it!! It was good because it talks about patience and how we need it in our lives with our problems we have. Saturday, I really was so determined to have a happy good day and man it was, everything changed! Instead of feeling like we have so much time, it turned into, man we don't have anytime to pass by all these people. We worked hard and did a lot this day. I really enjoyed it. Something I noticed, was the harder I work the happier I feel!! God truly wants this work to be done and he is willing to give us what we need and want if we do what he wants. So if we are asking but not doing anything, nothing will happen(usually) So if your asking God for help and your just chilling on your butt, get up and do what God expects you to do.

So, Saturday morning I had a cool experience. We were walking and I saw this house that I have passed by more than like 20 times and I felt like I should go knock... I didn't follow the feeling then I took like 2 or 3 steps more and I felt it again so I went and knocked. I shared how we can have more help and blessings from the teachings of Christ. Then I asked if we could come in for a couple of  minutes and share something fast. She said yes and we went in. Her husband is having health problems and stuff and they really need the gospel . We shared something small...and asked to leave with a prayer...then he started crying and we asked if he believed that we could give him a blessing and it would help.  He said yes and we did so.  After we found out that he was baptized when he was younger and then they shared that that don't usually let people in.  We have another appointment with them this week and man I'm excited. The Holy Ghost truly is a whisper and if we don't follow it we will miss precious times like these and it also offends the Holy Ghost. To develop a strong relationship with him we need to follow what he teaches us. 

I know this gospel is true.  I have had the sweetest experiences on my mission and I continue to see the blessings help others and me. I know that if we follow Christ in his church and we are faithful to our covenants we make with God we will have never ending happiness!!

I love you all!! Have a happy week and be yourselves!! haha that's what I will be trying to do!!

Choa,
Con amor, Elder Smith

(Note: D&C 24:8  Be patient in afflictions, for thou shalt have many; but endure them, for, lo, I am with thee, even unto the end of thy days.)

 
Gordon B Hinckley
Gordon B. Hinckley

“Don’t be gloomy. Do not dwell on unkind things. Stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. Even if you are not happy, put a smile on your face. ‘Accentuate the positive.’ Look a little deeper for the good. Go forward in life with a twinkle in your eye and a smile on your face, with great and strong purpose in your heart. Love life.”










No comments:

Post a Comment