Monday, October 19, 2015

I feel your prayers and support!

This week was fast. On Tuesday I went and worked with one of the zone leaders for the day because we had interchanges and it was fun. I learned a lot. I learned that when you are with people.. or your friends, sometimes things can get out of hand or maybe you can be comfortable to say or do things that maybe you shouldn't. It made me think about after the mission and really how life is always full of other who are going to be doing things that maybe we shouldn't be doing or saying things too. Nothing bad happened on our interchange I just realized this then.  With that being said it makes things very clear that we need to constantly be coming  unto Christ in our actions, thoughts, words and so forth.

On Wednesday we had district class. We are focusing more on how we can enjoy the mission more and I taught how being obedient is going to help us enjoy the mission more. Really I think that we forget that somethings are just pleasures and they just make us feel good for a little bit of time.. like playing a video game.. its only fun until you stop playing. But when we are constantly trying to follow and do what Gd wants us to do we are going to be happy and it's going to stay with us always. Sometimes when we don't think that a rule is going to help us or we are going to be happy from following it it's because we don't trust God and our faith has gotten weaker. 

So on Wednesday night we got home late and we didn't plan because we didn't have time and then we were going to plan in the morning and then we had to give a blessing. We then continued to work the rest of the day and I just didn't feel good the rest of the day because we didn't plan. I feel like the spirit wasn't as strong as it could have been and we weren't prepared. I think that really when we plan things out.. like life and everything we will be prepare and God will bless us so that we can complete these plans and be able to do what we need to..but only if we prepare ourselves. 

Friday I got up feeling super good and I was ready to go. I really wanted to feel the spirit and be uplifted so that we could work hard. So, when I got on my knees to start my studies I said a pray and during my prayer I could really feel the spirit come to be with me stronger and it just grew during my studies. 

A while back I read a talk that said when you feel the spirit is when you know you are forgiven. Because the spirit can't dwell with any unclean thing. I like this a lot because really we all sin every day and we need to constantly repent so that we can have the spirit to be with us. 

On Sunday I played two of the hymns that we sang and man it was rough because I am out of practice and they don't know how to sing with the piano. 

I know that this is the true gospel of Christ and that this is Gods work. I know that all of us are His children and that He wants the best for us. I know that Christ lives and directs his church and I know that this is Gods plan so we can come to live with Him and be like Him some day.

I love the gospel and I know that this is my life and without it I am lost.
I love you all and feel your prayers and support, they give me strength to continue even when I have a bad day. 

Con mucho amor,
Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment