Monday, December 21, 2015

Let's accept Christ into our lives this Christmas!

Well I've had a lot of time to think about our Savior. Really, I was thinking about what I could give to Christ this Christmas...I think I found that while reading the last lesson of this year in the priesthood manual.

We all have received a commandment to be like Christ... not to be 50% like him...to be even as he is. This is a commandment and what we learn in 1 Nephi 4 is that God doesn't give commandments that we can't complete. There is so much we can do to become more like Christ, but it requires practice. Just like anything else we have to practice to learn and to get to where we want to be.

This Christmas I think that I really have learned that the only thing that matters is Christ, the baby that was born so many years ago. I know that he is our Savior and Redeemer and I know that he took every single error or sin of ours upon him so that we could have the chance to be with him and our Heavenly Father again and so that we can have a forever family. I love them both so very much and I know that they live and love us. Let's accept Christ in our lives this Christmas and continue to improve. 

Con mucho amor,

Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment