Monday, January 11, 2016

We are here to help!!

Well this last week was so good. We worked hard and tried to do our best the whole week. We have started to find more and more people that are ready for the gospel and it’s interesting to find people in places that we never thought would really have success. 

We have been finding a lot more people and I think we will start to see more success. We will be having a baptism this Sunday... well if all goes well. His name is Vicente he is 11 and is special but his mom and sister are members and his dad is not. They are very good members and I think that it will be good for them. Basically, he didn’t get baptized at the age of 8 because he was afraid of water. But now he is good. We have taught him everything in very simple ways and it amazes me to see how smart and awesome he is. 

This week was full of cool things. On Saturday afternoon I got a call from the President’s wife and I was confused why she would be calling me at this time. She told me that one of the sisters in our district was having an asthma attack and couldn’t breathe so we ran to where they were and found her on the ground.  Thankfully, right when we got there a member showed up with his car so we put her in the car and ran her to the emergency area. We got there and the sister couldn’t walk and the ladies that helped her out of the car couldn’t carry her and I had all my hands full. So I asked my companion to help but he looked at me like he was in shock... soooo in that moment I picked up the sister and I ran her into the place. They helped get her stable and now everything is okay. It was funny because I had called the Sisters to get their number for the week and then she started going off about how embarrassed she was for what happened and well it was a weird conversation. I told her that it was fine and that, that’s why we are here... to help. Anyway, it was a crazy experience that happened.

I talked in church  about how we need to listen better to the spirit and think more about the simpleness of the gospel and focus on our heart and how we can feel the spirit. I know that we can feel the spirit by doing good things and what God wants.

I love you all!! 

Con mucho Amor,

 Elder Smith



No comments:

Post a Comment