Monday, October 27, 2014

Wuena wuena!!! (Whatever that means)

This week I have learned a lot. All though I am in the mission and sometimes my letters home seem like I am having the time of my life I really am not. When people say that the mission is the best two years..... its not... but its the most important two years of our young lives. We learn to stand up to the pressures of Satan and the bad things of the world. I have been in the mission for about five ish months and I have learned something that will change my life and anyone that really wants to change forever.

I have been feeling like I lack something for a while now in the mission and really it sucks when I cant figure it out. I have been reading for a while now in Alma and I finally finished the book (thank goodness) and it talks a lot about captain Moroni and how great a man of God he was. It always talks about his trust in the Lord and if we have trust in God we will be fine and be helped to overcome or get through the things that are hard. 
So I finished that this last week and it finally hit me what I didn't have or what I didn't have enough of. I didn't have and still don't have all my trust in the lord, but I am learning in my mission how to hand everything that I have and just put it into the hands of the lord. I know how hard it is because I really haven't done it all but I have realized in the hardest parts of my mission that when I'm sad, having a bad day, or just think man what am I doing here. It's because my trust in our God all mighty is very low. But when I am always thinking everything will be okay because God isn't going to take his eye off me, ever, and that goes for each and everyone of us, that is when I am happy and am moving quick to do the work and I don't worry about anything.
So with that the mission isn't hard but it's is so very necessary in our lives so we can learn the things  of God and more about the gospel of Jesucristo. 
I know that God lives and I know he loves us and he will never take his eye off us because that is how much he loves us. I know that through the atonement of Jesus we can be cleansed and saved and have the opportunity to live with our loved ones for eternity. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God and it is how we can receive personal revelation. I love the gospel and I am so thankful for this time in my life that I can change and prepare to meet our loving heavenly father!

I love you all and hope that you all will take the time to look at what you are lacking in your life, find it and quickly bring it back into your life. 

Choa Nos Vemos,    
Elder Smith


No comments:

Post a Comment