Monday, June 8, 2015

Blessings of Diligent Work!

This week was good! The first week of the new change and my companion and I are super excited because after three months of hard and diligent work it's starting to show.. and the blessings are coming. The Zenteno family came to church again and they have to stop smoking before they get baptized but we gave them a plan and they are going to stop this week. So we are seeing a lot of success from them. They even are starting to give lunch to us missionaries so it's good because the missionaries and the gospel will always be with them.

We also found a lady and her son two weeks ago named Ana Maria and her son Kevin.(brother inlaw??) They are super good and she has a date to be baptized in 2 weeks. She really listens to us and she wants to know the truth. She has had health problems and family problems and it seems that they are a lot happier now. 
 
For the spiritulal experience of the week.... 
 
Yesterday we were contacting houses and I went to the next house to knock and a lady came out and we introduced ourselves and then I shared something short and asked if we could share something with her and her family. She let us in so fast! Then, we started getting to know them and sharing things about us. She said that she was a memeber but she hasn't attended church in a long time. But her two sons aren't. Okay now going back to right when we just entered, I had a feeling like someone had passed away in this family and then I had the impression to ask about what challenges they have been faced with... well I didn't act on that ... really have to get better about that. The second time I asked and they opend up and shared that 4 years ago they lost a cousin and nephew and have been struggling ever since. Both me and my companion have suffured similar experiences and we both testified that families can be together forever through the gospel of Jesus Christ. It was so amazing to see this blessing! 

I know that God loves us all and that he works in werid ways sometimes so that we can help others and so that we can be blessed!

I love you all. 

Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment